Friday, September 09, 2011

A Little Guest Room Makeover


Wow, it's been a month again since my last post! I'm so slack. The truth is that life takes over and I need to make time to actually share the craziness instead of getting consumed by it.

So, the guest room in our house has always been a little neglected in terms of decor and overall functionality.

Who am I kidding?! It's been extremely neglected.

That said, I decided it was time to really start working on it and getting it to a happier place. I've really been wanting to give the room a chic, yet eclectic kind of feel. Something cozy and fun yet polished at the same time. Here was my first inspiration for what I was trying to achieve:



Style & Co. Artisan Bedding
I went to Macy's and actually found the Euro Shams in this picture and the sheet set as well. I got both on a mega-clearance deal for $40. I was a very happy shopper! I also got the round decorative pillow shown but in the fuschia color for a steal at $8!!!

A few weekends ago, I headed to Ikea and found the coolest navy polka dot duvet cover with matching pillow cases. All three as a set for $19.99. That's my kind of deal :)

Lastly, I found a cool navy striped throw pillow on clearance at Marshall's and also this one from Target:



Are you ready to see the final result??? 

Well, I will have to take a pic tonight and add it because that's yet another thing I've been slack about. I'll update the post tonight, I promise!!

Happy Friday, Everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment