Given that it's May 31 and there isn't one, no not one, single post for the year after the "I'm getting my booty in gear with the blogging" post, I have just resolved to keep a log of the memorable moments of each month and catch up as I can. What can I say, it's a work in progress.
Notes for January 2012 ( Mostly Carson moments)
- Carson's first Houston Zoo trip complete with multiple train rides. The child would be happy riding that train for hours on end, Mommy...not so much.) Brandi Brown joined us on our zoo adventure and I was thrilled to hear that she's having a BABY! Due date is July 6th!
- Sweet boy is getting really good at sentence structure and speaking in the correct person (I vs. You) Case in point: I would say to him "You've got your train." and he would just repeat that phrase if he had his train, haha. Now, the phrase has graduated to "I got my train". Bravo, Carson!
- Pointed to the question mark sign on the Ipad keyboard and exclaimed" Mommy, there's the mouseketool!" The results of lots of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse right there.
- He's been requesting my company at bedtime for the past several nights. The specific dialogue is "Mommy, you need to lay down" and then he wraps those sweet arms tightly around my neck and all is right in the world again.
- Learning to count the number of items, instead of just counting for the sake of repetition.
- January 22, 2012 - First Carson initiated " I love you". Melted my heart to mush.
Every single day with my guys is a blessing.